Monday, November 20, 2006

Merry Meet and Welcome

This site shall serve as the forum for Pagans and Witches of South Central Iowa to meet and greet, connect with each other through blogs and comments and maybe, (gasp!) meet in person on occasion(weather permitting of course).
I have jouneyed to DSM for meetings on several occasions in the last couple of years, but I find it difficult to make every meeting or celebrate every Sabbat and Full Moon ritual there. That is why I have decided to go out on a limb and set up a virtual meeting place for Wiccans, Witches, and Pagans in our local area, fanning out from Madison, Warren and Marion Counties southward to the border of Iowa. If we ever do get to the point that there is enough interest, then physical meetings will be announced and moved about from town to town so that travel is dispersed as equally as possible.
There have been no officers appointed to this organization, and I am the only one who knows about it so far. I will consider myself to be the founder, but not President or High Priestess, or any of those uppity titles. I am just interested to find some folks out there who are already calling themselves pagan, or who may be just looking into some other alternative paths besides Christianity.
You can read all about me in my profile, and I am listed on Witchvox under my magical name. If you don't know what I am talking about, then you need to visit a couple of basic Wicca 101 info sites to help you on your way. These are listed on the sidebar under Pagan and Wiccan Sites to Visit. Please leave a comment if you even read any of this, and I promise I won't contact you unless specifically invited to do so. I will honor anyone's request for anonimity, and I wish the same courtesy extended for me.
Basically, the intention of this group will be to celebrate the Wheel of the Year, share with each other elements of our individual paths, and discuss various types of Pagan religions, such as Asatru, Druidism, Hoodoo, Wicca, Gnosticism, and many others yet to be discovered. Anyone with an open mind is invited to participate, and I would strongly urge setting up a site on blogger in order to make communication more productive. All you need is internet access and a yahoo or hotmail account.
This site will be updated almost daily, so keep checking back to see if we have enough interest to set up meetings in person.
Blessed Be.

No comments: